All our cabinets are made of solid wood doors with plywood cabinet boxes, No particleboards anywhere inside the cabinets.
- If you are a Designer or contractor and know what you need, you can go to link (Dealer) to order directly and save your money.
- If you need our designer to help you build your kitchen, go to link ( DIY Design), follow the steps. Our designer will provide you with the idea for your kitchen plan and budget. You will have your new kitchen on a scheduled plan and scheduled date!
We have a big warehouse that stores thousands of cabinets. That's why we have the ability for immediate supply. As long as our service representative has confirmed the inventory, you can expect your cabinets to be ready in
• 1 day for pick-up in boxes;
• 3-5days for pick-up assembled;
• 10 days for installed project.
It is easy to check the quality of our cabinets. Just drop by our showroom. What you see is what you get. For stone product, the shading and variegation of stone cannot be exactly the same as the sample in showroom. If you are concerned about this, you can go to our contractor’s warehouse to check your slab before it is cut. After that, claims and returns of stone products will not be accepted due to natural flaws and shading.
Because we have a large inventory of cabinets, if mistakes happen, don't worry, it can be solved in a short time.
• For items picked up in boxes, customers need to check the quality of the items. If problems are found after opening the packages, customers can bring it back to our warehouse to return and exchange at no extra charge (All return/exchange items need to be in original packages. Products which are damaged/ assembled/ installed by customers will not be accepted for exchange or refund.)
• For assembled items, customers need to check the quality of the products upon picking up. After that, products which are damaged are not qualified to be exchanged or refunded; Products with no damage can be exchanged or refunded by charging a 20% restocking fee.
• We provide a one-year warranty for our products.
Calgary Cabinets Depot warranties its cabinetry to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year.
This warranty does not cover the natural aging or darkening of wood color, the inherent growth characteristics of, or variation in wood. Some replacement parts are subject to availability, and may differ from those originally supplied. This warranty does not apply to products or parts purchased without a finish. This warranty does not cover wear and tear, damage or defects caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, alteration, non-residential use, or improper installation, storage, or handling.
To the extent permitted by law, this warranty does not cover special, incidental or consequential damages (such as labor expenses in uninstalling or installing any material or parts) whether arising out of breach of warranty, breach of contract, tort, or otherwise. Some provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
Selection of appliances goes hand in hand with the design process. In order to avoid unnecessary changes once your design is finalized, it is wise to identify the appliances you'll be using early on. Your designer may offer an alternate recommendation if a particular choice is not suited to your design.
Installation of your cabinetry forms an integral part of the overall success of the project. We highly recommend our trained professionals are a part of the "product" we're supplying. The cost of the installation is typically included in the final quotation. The amount will vary of course with the complexity of the design, quantity of cabinets, etc.
We recommend most flooring materials are best installed prior to the cabinetry; however, some types such as laminate may require installation to take place afterwards. You should always verify which is best for your particular product.
• If renovating, remove old cabinets, pre-wire, plumbing, patch walls and paint.
• Install new floor and protect it with cardboard of felt paper.
• Make sure room is empty including removal of appliances to an adjacent room.
• Clear the access way for our delivery team's arrival from the driveway right to the room we will be working in. The cabinets are bulky so pictures on the wall are at risk too.
• Have templates or specs for sinks, faucets, appliances on site for our installers to work with.
RTA cabinets - also known as ready-to-assemble cabinets - are kitchen cabinets that come to you already prepared to install in your kitchen. Unlike standard cabinets that require someone to drill holes and add latches and knobs or pulls, RTA cabinets already come with the hardware you need and the holes drilled. The only catch is that someone will still need to piece them together. The good news, however, is that if you consider yourself to be handy then you could do the work yourself. For video tutorials on assembling the RTA cabinets, please click HERE.
Some homeowners wonder if RTA cabinets will offer the quality that is available from standard or custom cabinets. The answer is yes. Just because they are ready-to-assemble doesn't mean that they aren't quality kitchen cabinets. In fact, they are made of the same great hardwood as those made to order. Even better, they come with a beautiful stain or paint applied which saves you work down the line. The good news is that plenty of manufacturers ensure that the quality of their wood is not lost on the lowered price of their beautiful cabinets. So if you're interested in getting your hands on some inexpensive kitchen cabinets that still offer the quality you'll find with custom manufacturers, then it may be time to see if RTA kitchen cabinets are what you need.
Plastic laminate is made from layers of paper that are first impregnated
with resin and then bonded together under pressure and high
temperature—forming a thin, rigid sheet. Branded manufacturers of
laminate such as Formica, Arborite, Wilsonart, Pionite, and Nevamar are
glued to a wood substrate typically for countertops. At Calgary
Cabinets Depot, we carry an assortment of over 300 stock colours and
textures. We are sure that you will find a colour you like from our
selection, but can custom order sheets as the assortment runs into the
There is no one "best" finish in regards to durability of laminate finishes. At Calgary Cabinets Depot, we can help you assess the differences from material, gloss, and specialty textures. A particular finish may wear better depending on the level of usage. All laminates are vulnerable to chips, excessive heat, cracks, and scratches when not properly cared for.
Laminate is a thin material and requires proper maintenance. Unfortunately chips, burns, cracks, and scratches cannot be repaired, and a replacement countertop is recommended.
Engineered stone is a quartz product. Quartz is one of the hardest minerals in the world. Pure quartz is combined with pigments and resins to create slabs that are non-porous, strong, and rival the beauty of quarry stones.
Generally, stone and quartz are very heat-resistant, but it depends on how “hot” of an object. A tea kettle or a hot dish out of the microwave is typically not a threat, but a 450°C pot from the oven can cause damage. It is always better to be safe rather than sorry, so we recommend the use of a hot pad.
Under normal use it is unlikely that your granite or quartz countertop will chip. Obviously, the edges are more susceptible to chipping than the middle of the surface, and if struck with enough force (e.g., a heavy pot), a chip can occur. Such occurrences are not covered by any manufacturing warranty but are usually repairable, depending on the size of the chip.
Quartz is manufactured and installed just like granite, so if a seam is required it will not be as seamless as solid surface countertops are. We do our best to avoid the use of seams whenever possible, but when necessary our seams are consistently among the best in the industry.
Quartz countertops are composed of 93% natural quartz. Variation in the natural stone (quartz) color, pattern, size, shape, and shade are inherent and unique characteristics to be expected with quartz products.
Depending on the type of countertop, production times will vary. The average production time runs seven to twelve working days. If you have ordered a custom colour in laminate, solid surface, or quartz, be advised that ordering in a non-stock colour will add to the normal stock lead time. Please speak to a showroom representative for lead times on specific materials.
Calgary Cabinets Depot offers a full service expert installation team to ensure that your new countertop is installed correctly and on time.
Installation times vary greatly depending on the type of material, layout of the job, and levelness of the cabinets. On average, a solid surface installation will last three to four hours and a stone or quartz job will last four to five hours.
Yes, yes, and yes. While we take the utmost care while installing your countertops, there are loud tools required to complete the job. We have dust collection systems, but no installation process is 100% dust free. You may want to drape or cover areas to contain the dust to the construction area. We will leave the job-site in "broom swept" condition. Additionally, chemicals are often used in the installation process. Epoxies and other glues can have a strong odor, but are not a health concern with an open window.
- Granite is one of the strongest materials on earth.
- Wipe wet spills immediately, acidic liquids like: citrus juice, alcohol, vinegar or soda. Always use costars.
- Do not cut on countertop, always use a cutting board. Cutting on granite will dull knives and will scratch the granite.
- Use placemats if hot or metal dishes are placed on them.
- Do not use harsh abrasive or chemical cleansers or acidic cleansers on your granite.
- Use soft cloth to wipe surfaces instead of abrasive pads (steel wool) that might scratch the granite.
- All stones are sealed with a protective sealant. It might be a good idea to reseal your countertop once a year to look it fresh especially if you have light color granite.